July 2023: Intro to git (in person)
An in person introduction to git/GitHub workshop!
This July, R-Ladies Philly hosted an in-person interactive workshop on version control with git & GitHub with amazing presenters, Shannon Pileggi and E. David Aja!
The learning objectives from this workshop were
- Employ version control via git and GitHub with operations including commit, push and + pull.
- Fork and clone from remote repositories.
- Describe the importance of viewing commits and diffs.
- Compile markdown reports from an R script for sharing code products on GitHub.
- Create a project web site via GitHub Pages.
- Compare and execute different methods to re-visit previous versions of projects.
- Utilize branches as safety nets for code experimentation.
- Explain situations that can create merge conflicts and strategies to resolve them.
We have a great time getting to see some old friends and meet some new R users at this event.
If you missed the event and want to get started with git from R, we recommend https://happygitwithr.com/
Thank you to our wonderful presenters/teachers, Shannon Pileggi and E. David Aja!
@RLadiesPhilly) July 21, 2023
We also want to thank Element 84 for generously hosting us in their beautiful offices.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org